Forum

Monty Roberts Equus Online University
Horse Training Video Instruction Program

Learn all about Equus • Dually Halter • Shy Boy Mustang • Jumping Horses
• Story of a Horse Whisperer • Riding Horsemanship • Dressage Horses • Willing Partners
• Horse Training • Round Pen Lessons • Performance Horses • Join-Up

← back

Horse Sense for People

3074km Ride from Dalby to Alice Springs

Hello!

In April 2013 I am doing a charity Horseride from Dalby to Alice Springs Australia 3074km. This is for Break the Cycle Charity www.breakthecycle.net.au This ride will coincide with school visits to bring awareness to the subjects of depression and suicide prevention (Highschools) and acceptance and anti-bullying (Primary). BtC believes that horses can have a huge impact on people struggling with life and our long term goal is to have a working farm where families can come and be involved. Break the Cycle is a mentoring and Life-coaching charity. The horses I am taking on the ride have been started with Join-up and are being trained with Monty's amazing methods. With the involvement of up to 82 schools this ride will not only have the kids interacting with the horses but also we will deliver our 'Rise Above' Program Workbooks where youth and families can learn to 'rise above' their circumstances 'rise above' their past and 'rise above' their feelings to go forward and excel in life. Any support is appreciated. And thank you Monty for the information I have received from your books over many years

phantommustang1 Walsenburg, Colorado, USA
Please upload your photo 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed 300 lessons completed

What a wonderful idea!

Dennis
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed

Leona
I looked on the map and that is going to be quite a ride! Can you give uS a little more information
Have you ever done a long ride and why are you personally doing this
Sounds like a great adventure

Leona Walker
Hello!

Thanks for your interest. I am very passionate about people going forward in life regardless of their circumstances and past. Often many people have never been taught the basic life skills that many of us take for granted. Many youth are already abusing themselves in so many ways. Blame the parents is the thoughts of a few, but if the parents have had the same troubled past and spent their lives abusing themselves the cycle continues. On top of that the suicide rate was double the road toll in Australia last year. Un-diagnosed depression is a top cause. A very close friend of mine lost a daughter to suicide in 2010. Bree was 14 years old! The fact that anyone can be living in that kind of despair and loneliness devastates me! Anyone who is involved with horses knows of their healing nature. We believe we can tap into this with a working farm where families can come and be involved hands on. Being involved with a horse takes ones mind off themselves. The ride is to bring awareness and hopefully solutions to many hurting people. The adventure (minus the saddle sore) is a bonus. This will be my first long ride of this distance though i rode half way to Winton (1700km) on a pushbike in 2010. It is outback country. I am taking 3 horses starting on the 15th April 2013 and arriving in Alice Springs on 30th May. Our distances range from 44km-116km per day. check out our website and thanks for your encouragement :)

studio_me
Hello!

Wow what a great undertaking. Godspeed and all the best your cause is so very great. Thank you.

vicci - UK (North Wales)
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed 300 lessons completed 350 lessons completed

What an amazing adventure Leona, I wish you well; keep us updated on your progress!

ruthy - Gold Coast, Australia
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed

Great work and good luck Leona. I missed this post when you made it originally, 12 months ago!
It would be great to have an update on how things are progressing in preparation for your ride.

Kicki -- Sweden
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed 250 lessons completed 300 lessons completed 350 lessons completed 400 lessons completed 450 lessons completed 500 lessons completed 550 lessons completed 600 lessons completed

That sounds fantastic!
Wishing you the best of luck and happy trails! Do keep us updated! :)