Forum

Monty Roberts Equus Online University
Horse Training Video Instruction Program

Learn all about Equus • Dually Halter • Shy Boy Mustang • Jumping Horses
• Story of a Horse Whisperer • Riding Horsemanship • Dressage Horses • Willing Partners
• Horse Training • Round Pen Lessons • Performance Horses • Join-Up

← back

Horse Behavior and Training

707 calming essentials

Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed 200 lessons completed

Has any one hurd of 707 product or has any one used them? If so how do they work? I was in a rodeo magazine and stumbled across the 707calming essential and starting reading about it. It something I'm thinking about for my mare everything just scares her to death. If anyone use it or know more about it that would be a lot of help.
Thank u
Brittany

DC
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed

I haven't used nor have I even heard of this product I will have to do some research on it. I would recomend you do the same before making a purchase and feeding it to your horses.
How old is your mare?
How much training does she have?
And how often if any is she ridden?
I'm just trying to grasp what your situation is here and in my opinnion it would be best to train her and work with her. Desensitizing work in increments can vastly improve issues like this over time. I'm also afraid that feeding her something that is meant to calm her may give you false positives when trying to desensitize her, or train her. I would do serious research into this product before buying even an ounce of it. In my opinion of course like I said I know nothing about it. I don't even buy feed to be honest I actually mix all my own feed here on the farm for my horses. Just my preferences, I would much rather train and teach the horse over trying to use a supplement of any kind to get a calming affect, and by the traing it establishes that much more trust between you and the horse, again in my opinion, and my preferences. I will however do some research of my own on this product and let you know what I think about it.

cestone_18
Please upload your photo 100 lessons completed

Having a racing stable background I would say it is more of a calming paste? They are very common in the racing industry for horses that are bad with floating or nerves on race day. There are natural alternatives that you can consider for nervous horses if you are looking for a quick fix but that won't solve anything long term. I would look into feed, age and general relationship with your horse before you started spending money on things that are probably designed as a band aid. cheer from australia!!

bbarner4628

I have been training her for almost 3 year (I say training her for 3 year because a horses and u can never stop learning) she is well desensitizing that the first thing I did with her. It just when we go new place and their a lot of horses she thinks she going to die. I take her new place all the time over these 3 year thinking she will get over it the more we do it. She had a very hard life before I got her. It was something I saw and read about a little and has read good thing about it the little I have looked about it so far. I have never been a supplement person but I have tryed everything with her. Thinking the more I do it the more relax she will get and she has got better but she is still worry about everything it going to eat her. I will do more research on it.
Thank u for ur help
Brittany

bbarner4628

I would not say I'm looking for a quick fit. I just want her to enjoy going places and doing thing. I want her to have a life with out being nerves and thinking she going to die that something going to get her. I think me and her have a great relationship and a good partnerships.
Thanks for the help
Brittany

Malina

have you investigated about BACH Flower Remedies. They do wonders. Here is a very good book about it: Bach Flower Remedies for Horses and Riders by Martin J. Scott. Very recommendable.

Dennis
Hello! 100 lessons completed 150 lessons completed

Brittany
I have used the bach flower for my horse during stressful shows. I don't know if it was morse stressful for the horse of for me, but it does help steady their nerves. One thing to remember when using any calming agent or supplement is that there is a time delay before the product wil work. One other aspect that needs your attention is your own reaction when she blows up. If you are reacting with a lot of energy and nervousness at the time that will reenforce her reactions because she wil think that her reaction is correct. If you take a horse in a situation that makes them nervous and you calmly sit in the saddle and make them just stand and reassure them by rubbing their mane they will calm down and then become curious as to what was making them so jumpy. I do this with my horse all the time and with in minutes there is a calmness about him so at that point he can learn that what was scarring him is OK

Cheers

bbarner4628

She blows up and I sit there try to keep her from running anyone over. We can fine a corner and work then stand but the min we get out of are corner she blows again. I just want her to be happy and enjoy are time together she go when it just use and my sister or even a couple other horses but u put anything.g more in a area she think there going to bit and attack her. The only thing I can think of is she came out of a paster of 12 and had to fright for any food she had so many bit marks so I think it a scared her she remembers.
Thank u
Brittany