Forum

Monty Roberts Equus Online University
Horse Training Video Instruction Program

Learn all about Equus • Dually Halter • Shy Boy Mustang • Jumping Horses
• Story of a Horse Whisperer • Riding Horsemanship • Dressage Horses • Willing Partners
• Horse Training • Round Pen Lessons • Performance Horses • Join-Up

← back

Horse Behavior and Training

Friesian cross yearling

Please upload your photo
Hi Everybody, I'm new here.i have purchased a friesian Draft cross filly who is now just reached 1 yr 5-12-17. Ive been working with her daily to every other day minimum.Shes willing to please but of coarse is stubborn at times.ive done join up and repeat join up.so i know shes bonded.sometimes if we dont work i spend quality time grooming her talking to her etc.non aggressive but shows me signs when im irratating her.i recently started single line lounging her.but then saw the long lining video and saw how bad it is for the horse.is she too young for long lining with a surcingle with side reins? Must i use side reins, obviously shes not bitted due to her  , i did buy monty's dually but waiting for it in the mail.any advice is appreciated.my first and foremost goal is to not damage my horse ie tendons, or psychy. So far we walk ,halt ,voice commands, back up. Groom still working on standing her patients and pickup up her feet she picks them up but slam back down after 1.5 seconds.help😀